Using this feature you can export a set of Requirements from one project to another. This feature is useful from Requirement re-usability perspective as well. Please see (reference) #1 at the bottom of this page.
Overview of Implementation
- The operation will create a new Id for Requirements in the new project.
- System will maintain link to source requirement in the back end.
- This link is stored to prevent redundancy and is not visible in UI.
- If another copy of a requirement already exists in the target project, the system will return an error.
- The hierarchy will be preserved, depending upon the user preference.
- The attachments will also be copied.
- Regarding the links / relationships/ comments, system will provide an option to select the ones desired to be carried over to the exported entity.
So a second requirement will append another hierarchy in the target project.
- Notes and Recommendations
- It is highly recommended that all the desired requirements should be exported in one single operation. It is easier to delete a requirement in the target project than iterating through the process.
- The requirements export process is described below:
- Use multi-select to select all Requirements you wish to export.
- Choose "Export Requirement" from the Table Menu.
- When prompted , enter the name of target project
- Make your choice, and choose "Export".
- The selected requirements and their hierarchy will be appended to the Planned Requirements table of target project.