Here is a guide to quickly make your RMsis Installation operational.
Step 1 : Check configuration on the target machine
- Ensure that your system meets the hardware and software requirements, as mentioned in System Requirements.
Step 2 : Install and Configure JIRA on the target machine
- if you do not have JIRA installed on your server, here is a guide to get started : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/getting-started-with-jira-software-938845026.html
- Create Project(s) in JIRA
- Configure User(s) in JIRA
Step 3 : Install RMsis using UPM
- A complete guide to install RMsis is provided here RMsis - Installation and Upgrade Guide
- More specifically, look at the following key sections
Step 4 : Configuring Projects in RMsis
- RMsis synchronizes with JIRA and this synchronization is done, every time a user clicks on the RMsis link on JIRA Menu Bar.
- So a project configured in JIRA will automatically become visible in RMsis (unless explicitly disabled by the administrator).
- All projects can be configured using the options as described here RMsis Application Configuration
- Project specific configuration options are also available in RMsis.
Step 5 : Configuring users in RMsis
- All users belonging to jira-users group will automatically become available in RMsis, subject to the availability of licenses.
- Other roles in JIRA are optional, from access perspective.
- The Project Lead / Manager in JIRA will become the Project Manager in RMsis by default.
- Administrators in JIRA will automatically have administrative roles in RMsis.
- Administrator can enable or disable users, as described here : RMsis administration by Tool Admin
- Administrator can Create / Edit roles, as described here Permissions, and their assignment to Roles and Roles and Access Rights
- Project Manager can assign roles to users, as described here : User administration by Requirement Manager