A Test Run comprises of a set of associated Test Cases which are executed during it's lifecycle and their status updated.
A Test Run can be considered as an entity, with the following phases in it's lifecycle
- Creation / Configuration : A Test Run can be created
- either by copying an existing Test Run
- OR by explicitly assigning Releases, Baselines and Test Cases to it.
- This action is taken when a user wants to save the snapshot of the current state of the Test Run.
- If the user wants to run another iteration, then the user needs to create another instance of Test Run.
- Once a Test Run has been Committed, it's attributes cannot be modified.
- A Test Run can be updated anytime before it's committed.
- The Test Case status is overwritten in this state.
- Test Cases can also be added OR deleted in this state.