Selecting individual Test Cases to define a Test Run is a very tedious task. There are two ways in which mass association of test cases with a test run can be done.
From the Test Runs view
Mass Association functionality in the Test Runs view provides an intelligent mechanism to map Test Cases to Test Runs by using the existing relationships, already defined in the system.
Broadly, we have many existing relationships like
Release <> Requirements <> Test Cases
Baselines <> Requirements <> Test Cases
Requirements <> Test Cases
These can be used to quickly map a set of Test Cases to a Test Run. For example, by clicking on Associate Button on the Test Run Screen, we get the following screen
Selecting one of the Releases, would select all the corresponding Requirements as well as Test Cases. Later, the user can go to these tabs and unselect the ones which are not required.
Similarly we can also select Baselines OR Requirements to choose the corresponding Test Cases.
From the Test Cases view
For RMsis 188.8.131.52-r310 and later versions,
- In order to associate test case(s) with a test run from the Test Cases view, user can select the test case(s) and then click on "More operations" > "Associate Test Run"
- Select the Test Run with which test cases needs to be associated.
For RMsis 184.108.40.206-r304 and previous versions
- The "Associate TR" button available in the Test Cases Tab can be used to associate multiple test cases with a test run.
- In order to associate multiple Test Case(s) with a Test Run, the user can select the test case(s) and click on "Associate TR" button.
- A panel will appear, select the Test Run with which you want to associate the Test Case and click on submit.