The state of a TC comprises of the following attributes:
- Test Case Id
- Test Case Version
- Linked Requirements
- Test Steps and all it's associated Attributes.
Key points are:
- A Test Case can be in two states
- By default a new version is created in editable state. It can be committed through
- an explicit commit action by the user
- "Status" is not included in the state of a TC but is part of a specific Test Run.
- With version change, all the existing associations are carried over to the next version. User will have the responsibility to make appropriate changes.
- Handling of External TC-Id
If different versions of TC's are mapped to single external TC-ID, it implies that the Test Case is same and change is only superficial.
- Handling of versioning in Test Steps
- Test Step versions are same as that of Test Cases and they need not be explicitly managed.