Trouble Shooting and FAQ's
Is the system code for RMsis same as the one for JIRA?
No, they are different.
Where are the log files located?
If you get an error, which log files should you share with us?
Logs files that you need to share in case of error are:-
- *Application Server Logs:*These logs files are generally located in logs folder of your application server. e.g. In case of Apache Tomcat, it is located in <CATALINA_HOME>/logs/ folder.
- JIRA Logs: These are located at <JIRA_HOME>/logs/ folder.
- RMsis Logs: These are located at <JIRA_HOME>/rmsis/logs/ folder.
Is there a simple mechanism to access log files ?
Administrators can access Send Log Files option from RMsis drop-down in JIRA menu bar, as shown below
I am unable to connect RMsis to JIRA running on HTTPS
I am getting a security exception !
Error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
RMsis comprises of two components : -
- A Plugin which integrates with JIRA
- RMsis Sever, which runs independently on Tomcat and communicates with JIRA through the RMsis-JIRA Plugin.
What is happening at your site:
Cause of problem is secure communication channel requires a public security certificate before establishing any communication channel between the two applications.
You need to add security certificate of either RMsis OR JIRA OR both (whichever you are running at https) in java trust store which resides at <JRE_PATH>/lib/security/cacerts.
- Please ensure that RMsis and JIRA servers are running.
- Copy InstallCert.class and InstallCert$SavingTrustManager.class to some location (from where java path is accessible). [Download Zip]
- Run InstallCert binary using command line.
- $ java InstallCert <SERVER_HOSTNAME>:<PORT>
- If you are using the default port then <PORT> is optional
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- This will create new file with name jssecacert in current directory. Just copy this file to <JRE_PATH>/lib/security/cacerts.
- Restart JIRA and try again with RMsis.
I have JIRA installed on a different server and I have installation problems !
I have JIRA running on another server and I am getting one of the following errors:
- Unable to interpret JIRA response
- Invalid Base URL
- The log files contain one or more of the following errors, apart from the above
- HttpClient error
- Jira - RMsis not connected
One of the following may be the cause of error, please check if
- Firewall / Proxy is interfering with JIRA-RMsis communication.
- Port number is correctly specified in the base URL.
If your system reaches this state, then you will need to
- if you get an error database is in inconsistent state, drop the database
- fix the identified issue
- restart JIRA
- reinstall RMsis
Caution: If your system is already in use, please backup the database before trying out any fix.
JIRA top navigation bar is showing multiple RMsis menus
You may have multiple JIRA plugins installed in the system. To resolve this issue : -
- Shutdown JIRA and remove previous versions of jira-rmsis plugin from JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins/ directory
- Restart JIRA again
RMsis is already connected to JIRA
I am getting the following error after clicking on RMsis. Error : RMsis is already connected to JIRA instance "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX".
Detailed error in this case is as below: -
Error : RMsis is already connected to JIRA instance "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX". It cannot be connected to this JIRA instance "YYYY-YYYY-YYYY-YYYY".
Please note that here "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" and "YYYY-YYYY-YYYY-YYYY" represent two different JIRA server IDs.
Typically this error is due to the fact that RMsis can be connected with only one JIRA instance. If one instance of JIRA is already connected and there is need to connect to another JIRA instance then please specify different database configuration for RMsis (in jdbc.properties file) and restart application server.
In order to use RMsis for both JIRA instances simultaneously, different RMsis instance and license keys would be required.
For any queries or unresolved issues, you can reach out to our support team email@example.com and we will ensure a prompt response to your problem.