While installing vREST Enterprise server, there are some common exceptions which might occur and their resolutions are as follows:
- ERROR: Licence key not found. Please provide licence key.
- This is the expected error when you execute the vREST Enterprise binary for the first time.
- Just access the vREST Enterprise server from the public facing URL and setup the licence.
- Once the enterprise licence is installed and if you execute the binary again in future then this error will not occur.
- Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::<PORT_NUMBER>
- Either another vREST enterprise server is running on port <PORT_NUMBER> or any other service is running on port <PORT_NUMBER>.
- If another vREST Enterprise server is already running, then you may find the process id and kill the process.
- You may find out the process id by using the following command:
ps -eaf | grep "vrest"
- And kill the process with the following command:
kill -9 <PROCESS_ID>
- And now start the enterprise server again.
- Or If any other service is running on port <PORT_NUMBER>, then you may change the port number of vREST Enterprise server in the config.json file.
- MongoError: not authorized on <DB_NAME> to execute command
- You have configured the username and password for MongoDB database, but you might have not configured them in database connection string in config.json file.
- Please configure the MongoDB connection string as per the format given in this document `MongoDB Connection String`.