Hooks are useful in integrating third party tools. Few points regarding this functionality:
- Any third party tools which provides REST APIs, can be easily integrated with vREST via hooks functionality.
- Hooks receives data from test runs and test cases, which can be sent to third party tools via REST APIs.
Here is a video tutorial for the same:
Few examples where hooks can be useful:
- Logging bugs in any issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA) for failed test cases
- For more information, please read JIRA Integration via hooks.
- Updating execution status of test case in any test case management tools (e.g. TestRail).
- Sending test run execution notifications to slack.
- For more information, please read Slack Integration via hooks.
- and many more ...
vREST provides four types of hooks:
- Pre Test Run Hooks
- These hooks are executed just after creation of test run and before the execution of test cases.
- Post Test Run Hooks
- These hooks are executed after the test run execution completes.
- Pre Test Case Hooks
- These hooks are executed just before the execution of test case.
- Post Test Case Hooks
- These hooks are executed after the test case execution completes.