vutil provides REST API to perform CRUD operations on various databases. As of now, following databases are supported:
We are also working on integration with other databases as well. Please stay tuned.
Now, with the help of this API, one can perform the database validation after a test case is executed.
Step 2: Execute your API test case and validate its response. e.g. for this guide, we are creating a contact with our sample contact API as follows:
Step 3: Now, to validate the database state with , we need to write a separate test case in vREST. With the help of DB API provided by vutil.
, we can write the test case for db validation as follows:
- First create a test case with DB Validation API as follows:
- Now, provide the connection name as follows:
- Now, provide the request body for the DB Validation API:
- Provide assertions as you provide for other test cases
- And expected body as per your need.
That's it. In this way, you may validate the DB state.