Following entities are synced between JIRA & RMsis
Sync process followed upon installation:
In order to make RMsis available for the first time, users and project information is required. All the necessary information related to projects and users of JIRA is gathered during this sync. It involves the following major steps:
- Sync all users data.
- In this step, list of all the users of JIRA is fetched and stored into RMsis.
- The sync time varies as per the number of users present in JIRA installation.
- Sync all projects data.
- In this step, list of all the projects of JIRA is fetched and stored into RMsis.
- Upon completion of this step, list of projects is displayed from which the user can choose the projects to be activated into RMsis.
- Sync users of projects which were activated in RMsis as per their roles and permissions in JIRA.
- Once the project selection is complete, the user roles and permissions of activated projects are fetched and stored in RMsis.
- Sync artifacts of all the projects which were activated earlier.
- Once the above operation is complete, artifact sync is initiated.
- It is performed automatically in background and user intervention is not required.
- Depending upon the number of artifacts/issues present in JIRA installation, this may continue for hours.
Please note that above mentioned activities are resource intensive as huge amount of data is being imported and you may notice an enormous increase in cpu and network utilisation. However, this is a one time process performed immediately after RMsis setup.
Sync process which is used regularly to keep JIRA data in sync with RMsis:
Once the initial sync is complete, RMsis monitors the changes in JIRA and updates RMsis as and when required. The sync process is triggered at following actions:
- User login into RMsis.
- Switching between various tabs in RMsis.
The following changes are monitored by RMsis:
- Addition or deletion of users.
- Addition or deletion of projects.
- Addition or deletion of releases.
- Addition or deletion of artifacts.
Configurations affecting the sync behaviour in RMsis:
The sync process is optimised to have minimum overhead on computer resources. However, some of it's behaviour can be altered manually. The following options are available:
- Force user sync to reflect any change in details of users.
- This can be done by clicking on reload button in users tab.
- For example, if the change in username or email id is not reflected in RMsis. Clicking on reload button in users tab will force RMsis to sync user details.
- Disable automatic monitoring of new projects in JIRA and it's import in RMsis. This can be done by checking "" option in Configuration>Application tab.
- Disable automatic monitoring of releases in JIRA and it's import in RMsis. This can be done by checking "Automatically sync JIRA versions with RMsis releases" option in Configuration>Application tab.
- Disable automatic sync with JIRA. This can be done by checking "Disable Auto Sync" option in Configuration>Application tab.
- Change the time interval for complete project sync.
- To reduce the overload in project sync, complete project sync is done at an interval of 12 hour by default.
- This time interval can be changed using the "Cron Resetting Jira Issue Sync" option in Configuration>Application tab.
The above mentioned options can be accessed by administrator from RMsis configuration page (RMsis Administration > Configuration > Application)