Question : I have configured RMsis over HTTPS. I am not able to access/ login to RMsis while using Internet Explorer/ Firefox. How can I access RMsis?
- This issue can occur while accessing RMsis over HTTPS/SSL if RMsis is configured to use a Self-Signed Certificate instead of a CA-Signed certificate
- In the SSL world, certificates fall into two major categories: self-signed and CA-signed
- Self-Signed: These are certificates that have not been digitally signed by a CA, which is a method of confirming the identity of the certificate that is being served by the web server. They are signed by themselves, hence the name self-signed.
- CA-Signed: A certificate that has its identity digitally signed by a Certificate Authority (CA) like Verisign.
- A self-signed certificate that wasn't issued by a recognised certificate authority is not trusted by default and thus the browsers may display a warning message regarding the same.
- Now, in order to resolve this issue, you have following two options:
- Use a CA-Signed certificate with RMsis instead of a Self-Signed certificate.
- If you already have a CA-Signed certificate for JIRA, use the details of the same to configure RMsis. RMsis will accept the default certificate configured for JIRA.
- A detailed description for RMsis deployment is available at: https://docs.optimizory.com/x/yo6d
- A detailed description for running RMsis on SSL or HTTPS is available at: https://docs.optimizory.com/x/zo6d
- Bypassing the warning by adding an exception to this page:
- For Firefox:
- Open firefox and access the URL https://<JIRA_BASE_URL>:3060/rm (e.g.https://localhost:3060/rm )
- Here, 3060 is the port on which RMsis is running.
- On the warning page, click Advanced.
- Click Add Exception The Add Security Exception dialog will appear.
- Click Confirm Security Exception for https://<JIRA_BASE_URL>:3060
- Once an exception has been added for RMsis, you will be able to access RMsis.
- For IE 11:
- Open JIRA(https://<JIRA_BASE_URL>:8443)
- Click on Certificate Error(Red icon in the URL) > View Certificate.
- Install self signed certificate into Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.
- Restart IE.
- If "Install Certificate" option is not visible, Uncheck the "Enable Protected Mode" checkbox (Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites)
- Once the certificate is installed, you will be able to access RMsis.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if the issue being faced by you is not resolved after following the above mentioned points.