One of the key benefits of establishing Traceability between various entities is that it allows the users to quickly determine the impact of a change or error in the system.
The following two mechanisms will facilitate Impact Analysis
- Trace Links functionality is provided in the Traceability Tab
- Additional columns for all JIRA Entities are provided in the Reverse Traceability Tab
Trace Links function in Traceability Tab
The following steps can be followed to explore the context of an Entity.
- Clicking on Trace Links Button on Traceability Tab opens up a panel, where the user can select
- Root Entity by typing in the Entity Key
- Please note that the complete string should be entered here, including the version number, as shown in the attached image.
- Link Types in which user is interested.
- Entity Types in which user is interested.
- Once the entity key is entered, the system displays all selected link types.
- The link types can be expanded to view all other entities associated with that link type.
The user can also use the Expand All / Collapse All Buttons to expand / collapse the entire tree.
Additional columns for all JIRA Entities in Reverse Traceability Tab
User can use the Column Selection Tool to select additional columns for other JIRA Entities. This will allow the user to view association in a single row of a JIRA entity with
- Other JIRA Entities
- RMsis Requirements
- RMsis Test Cases