Deploying RMsis on JIRA Server
RMsis installation is essentially in two parts
- Install RMsis
- RMsis plugin can be installed through JIRA Universal Plugin Manager.
- Configure RMsis
- After installation of RMsis, RMsis tab will appear in Jira menu bar.
- Login as administrator in JIRA and then click on RMsis menu to configure RMsis.
The entire sequence of installation process is elaborated below:
Step 1 : Install using JIRA Universal Plugin Manager
Step 2 : Configure RMsis Home Page
- After clicking on RMsis, you will be redirected to the installation welcome page, as shown below
- Once you choose an option to Begin Installation, you will be redirected to RMsis Home Settings page.
- In this step, RMsis will create RMsis Home directory to store backups, configurations (jdbc, mail etc.), logs etc.
- Take a note of the information provided and click on next to move to the next step.
Step 3 : Configure RMsis Database
- At present, RMsis supports MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL and Oracle databases
- Create a database in either MySQL / Postgres / MSSQL/ Oracle and specify database connection details, as shown below
- RMsis Database must be different from JIRA Database.
- You can use different database types for JIRA and RMsis e.g. MySQL for JIRA and Postgres for RMsis.
Step 3.2 : Test Database Configuration
- After filling the database details, you can check the database connection by clicking on TEST CONNECTION button.
Step 4 : Configure Mail
- You can either disable OR configure your mail settings in this step.
Step 4.1 : Enter Mail Configuration
- The details are shown in the following screens
Step 4.2 : Test Mail Configuration
Once the Mail Configuration is entered, user has an option to test
- Connection to Mail Server
- Send a Test Mail to ensure that the mail has been correctly configured
Step 5 :Server Settings
- By default RMsis Server will run with http on port 3060 without any proxy settings.
- User has an option to specify the Minimum and Maximum memory used by the JVM. 256 MB and 512 MB are the minimum acceptable limits here.
- Keystore Type: The type of keystore file to be used for the server certificate. Tomcat operates only on
PKCS12 format keystores.
- Key Alias:The alias used for the server certificate in the keystore.
- Keystore File: The pathname of the keystore file where you have stored the server certificate to be loaded.
- Keystore Password:The password used to access the specified keystore file.
- Reverse Proxy can also be configured for RMsis Server by checking the Enable Reverse Proxy Settings.
- RMsis will ask for "Proxy Scheme", "Proxy Host Name" and "Proxy Port", where
- Proxy Scheme: The scheme on which the proxy server is running, can be either http or https.
- Proxy Host Name: The host name or ip address of the proxy server.
- Proxy Port: The port number, on which the proxy server is running.
After configuring reverse proxy, RMsis will use the proxy base url as: <Proxy Scheme>://<Proxy Host Name>:<Proxy Port>/rm
Note : If RMsis is configured using reverse proxy, additional command line arguments for reverse proxy scheme, hostname, and port will be displayed with RMsis process.
Step 6 : Deploy RMsis
- In this step, RMsis plugin will install RMsis application with an embedded Tomcat Server.
- Please wait for some time (It will take one to two minutes). After RMsis server startup, the screen will show :
- Congratulations !!! Now RMsis server is running successfully,
- Click on FINISH button to complete setup process.
- Subsequently, you will be automatically redirected to license page.
Re-Initializing RMsis Configuration
In case, you wish to re-initialize RMsis installation (due to some reason), please follow the following steps:
- Login into JIRA with administrator account.
- Click on RMsis (on JIRA Menu Bar) > RMsis Configuration
- The following page will appear and you will have an option to change any of the key parameters related
- In order to completely Reset the RMsis configuration
- Click on Re-Configure RMsis from the RMsis Configuration in JIRA Menu.
- Subsequently, you will be automatically redirected to RMsis setup page.
- Please follow the on screen instructions to configure RMsis.
- Making a change in configuration can lead to loss of data.
- Please make sure that you have noted the current settings and have taken backup of Database.