In few instances, RMsis installation may fail. This can happen due to many reasons, including insufficient resources, network timeout etc.
Here is a recommendation on what to do for a clean installation:
- Uninstall RMsis
- Stop JIRA
- Kill all process related to JIRA / RMsis (they are typically named as Tomcat*, java). This is important because sometimes stopping JIRA does not terminate all the processes.
- Download latest stable version of RMsis to your machine (just to eliminate the possibility of UPM timeout while downloading)
- Restart JIRA
- Install latest stable version of RMsis .
If the above resolution doesn't work for you, then please share the log files with email@example.com
to investigate this issue further. Log files are located as follows
- Application Server Logs: These logs files are generally located in logs folder of your application server. e.g. In case of Apache Tomcat, it is located in <CATALINA_HOME>/logs/ folder.
- JIRA Logs: These are located at <JIRA_HOME>/logs/ folder.
- RMsis Logs: These are located at <JIRA_HOME>/rmsis/logs/ folder.
In case RMsis fails to start after installation, please refer to the following section: RMsis fails to start after configuration - possible causes and solutions